17 August 2008

Knitting, With Pictures

I've just finished (whereby finished I mean "cast off and am now blocking") the " Lace Ribbon Scarf" over at knitty. This here is a photograph. It was my first foray into lace in recent memory, and I think that, other than some unfortunate mishaps, it came out rather well. (For example, some of you extremely observant people will probably notice that I did six eyelets on each side instead of five. Oops.) I also knit it with thicker yarn and on bigger needles than were called for, but all in all I think it turned out quite well. Also, to my surprise, I enjoyed it quite a lot. My memories of lace knitting mostly were unpleasant and involved a lot of staring at charts, muttering unpleasantly. This was a really easy repeat to memorize, so it ended up being pretty mindless. Now, I'm just waiting for it to dry...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, pretty! Glad you enjoyed the lace. You really ought to get an account on Ravelry, I think you'd like it. (Plus that's where all my pictures are.)

I'm halfway done with the baby blanket (seaming and everything!)

Caroline said...

Ooh, exciting! I do intend to get an account on Ravelry, I just haven't gotten to it quite yet.