11 June 2008

Knitting the Cape of Doom, part 1



It's pretty, isn't it? I haven't been working much in the past few days- it's awfully humid, for one thing, and really too hot for me to want to knit with wool yarn- but it's actually progressing pretty well. The swatch that you can see here is several inches long, and already includes all of the colors that will be in the finished piece. It also very much deserves its nickname- I'm more than a little afraid of it. Afraid, but entranced. It's pretty cool.

This post was brought to mind when I was watching the Euro 2008 soccer match of Turkey vs. Switzerland. (The name of the pattern, to be all technical, is in fact the "Turkish Cape," not the "Cape of Doom." Though I really do like the ring of the second one.) Greece, the defending champion, has already lost its first game, which was against Sweden on Tuesday. Hopefully the game on Saturday will go better.

Have a nice day!

No comments: