20 November 2008

Another one of those Hopeless Quests for something in my guidebook...

So, we continued to wander around Metsovo for a while after lunch. We were ostensibly looking for a monastery (which we never actually found) but we saw a lot of the town, which is cute.
Little winding streets. I think that a car would be less than useful inside Metsovo itself, though probably you would want one so you could leave on occasion. There is no train system in this part of Greece- they're building one, but because of the mountains and stuff it's a long and expensive process- and the bus system is patchy.

Cat on piece of machinery!


These are chestnuts in a chestnut tree. I had actually never tried chestnuts before I came to Greece, but my friend Chris is a bit obsessed with them and so I've had them a few times now and must admit that they are tasty.

No comments: