04 July 2008

I Have A Sister!

My younger sister came home from Germany yesterday! Yay! This is very exciting, since she left shortly after I came home from school and has been in Germany for nearly a month now. (She's been on an exchange program, like the one that I did in high school. Only I was in France, not Germany.) It is very nice. Gabby has her entire flock back, we once again fill up the car when we go places, and the table needs to be set with five place settings, not four. The animals are also celebrating. The home is full. It is very exciting.

Also, I need to share a gift that Kate got me while in Germany. It is a very cool poster. (Kate is clearly an intelligent young lady, and noticed my interest in classics. She's very observant.) Specifically, it's a whole bunch of the Greek gods from an altar, and I'm going to hang it up in my room as soon as I remember to bring up tape. Which will hopefully be soon. She got it at the Pergamon, which is a museum that I would dearly like to go to, and I would be jealous, but for the fact that I am going to Greece next semester, so I will get to see a lot of very cool museums. Kate also got a cool bag from a planetarium, which says "do not fill with hot stardust," but in German. Very exciting.


On an exciting Greece front, I have my first euros for Greece! Specifically, Kate came home with 26 euros and I traded American money for them. They're pretty nifty. Ha ha! I will get to Greece and have bills that are not in awkwardly large denominations!


And, in an even more exciting bit of news, I have realized that I will be in Greece in less than two months! Yay!

I hope everyone is having a lovely day.

No comments: